Grijp jij deze kans?
Optimist International School
023 303 5924
Wij hebben deze vacature
Due to the continued growth of our school, we have a job opportunity for an experienced teaching Assistant at Optimist International School, a school for Primary Education. Optimist International School has a diverse international multilingual team of teachers and teaching assistants. We are looking for an optimistic passionate team player who is fully committed to our school vision.
We seek applications from candidates who possess the following qualities:
- knowledge of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the British curriculum
- an innovative and creative teaching assistant with an understanding of inquiry-based learning
- experience in differentiating to accommodate the different levels
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team of a school in a start-up phase
- stimulating the students to learn how to learn
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to function well within a team
- flexible and open to new ideas
- flexible team player – sense of humour
- good ICT skills
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds and gearing your teaching towards students with many different social, emotional and educational needs
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning
- DUO accreditation within teaching profession and prior experience as a teaching assistant is an advantage
Being an international school we ensure continuity of students’ education anywhere in the world. Our language of instruction is English, and our core programme is based on the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). Learning guidance is taken from the British National Curriculum (NC) for language and mathematics. Along with our class teachers and learning support assistants, we also have specialist teachers for additional support in English, Dutch as an additional language (DAL), music and physical education (PE). We also offer sport, art, music and dance based extra-curricular activities. Currently the school has around 200 students in 12 groups.
MISSION AN VISION – “BRINGING OUT YOUR INNER MAGIC”
We offer a positive, meaningful, and challenging learning environment in which children use imagination and creativity to explore the rapidly changing world around them by being responsible learners, communicators, collaborators and respectful towards (other) cultures.
“I wonder…” Great learning takes you to places beyond (your boldest) imagination
Children use imagination and creativity to explore our world, accept challenges and take risks with a clear focus on the learning. Children have a choice in how to demonstrate their learning in a wide variety of ways using collaborative learning, art activities, role play, multimedia, projects and much more.
Our children are collaborative learners, discussing their skills, knowledge or understanding, ask questions and give each other feedback to inspire, share and support peers. Our children’s communicative skills illustrate their abilities, interests and opinions and are part of our curriculum.
We are global citizens coming from different countries to celebrate our identity and create one optimistic community. In every class it is evident that children share each other’s beliefs, cultures, habits, customs, circumstances and multilingualism.
If you are interested in applying please send us your CV, a cover letter detailing your motivation for this position
In case you have any questions regarding this vacancy you can contact Cheryl Embleton email@example.com
Applications via our website: www.optimist-international-school.nl