Grijp jij deze kans?
Optimist International School
023 303 5924
Wij hebben deze vacature
With the continued growth of our school, we have several opportunities for experienced teachers at Optimist International School, a school for Primary Education, these are both full-time and part-time vacancies. Optimist International School has a diverse international multilingual team of teachers. We are looking for an optimistic passionate team player who is fully committed to our school vision, a teacher who is passionate about inquiry and theme-based learning, someone who sees themselves as an educator, rather than a subject teacher, and someone who is willing to develop his/her own learning activities in line with the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the British National Curriculum key objectives.
We seek applications from candidates who possess the following qualities:
- knowledge of the British National Curriculum (NC) as well as the International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- an innovative and creative teacher with an understanding of inquiry-based learning
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies
- experience in differentiation to accommodate different levels
- able to contribute to a school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to function well within a team
- flexible and open to new ideas with a sense of humour
- good ICT skills
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds and gearing your teaching towards students with many different social, emotional, and educational needs
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policy
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning
Applicants must have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (BEdr, PGCE or PABO equivalent must be for primary education)at least two years primary school
- teaching experience
- be fluent in English both written and spoken
- be willing to work in an international school environment
- be eligible to live and work in the EU. We are not able to secure work permits for candidates
Being an international school, we ensure continuity of students’ education anywhere in the world. Our
language of instruction is English, and our core programme is based on the International Primary
Curriculum (IPC). Learning guidance is taken from the British National Curriculum (NC) for language
and mathematics. Along with our class teachers and learning support assistants. We also have specialist
teachers for additional support in English, Dutch as an additional language (DAL), music and physical
education (PE). We also offer sport, art, music, and dance based extra-curricular activities. Currently the
school has around 200 students in 12 groups.
MISSION AN VISION – “BRINGING OUT YOUR INNER
We offer a positive, meaningful, and challenging learning environment in which children use imagination
and creativity to explore the rapidly changing world around them by being responsible learners,
communicators, collaborators and respectful towards (other) cultures.
“I wonder…” Great learning takes you to places beyond (your boldest) imagination
Children use imagination and creativity to explore our world, accept challenges and take risks with a clear
focus on the learning. Children have a choice in how to demonstrate their learning in a wide variety of
ways using collaborative learning, art activities, role play, multimedia, projects and much more.
Our children are collaborative learners, discussing their skills, knowledge or understanding, ask questions
and give each other feedback to inspire, share and support peers. Our children’s communicative skills
illustrate their abilities, interests and opinions and are part of our curriculum.
We are global citizens coming from different countries to celebrate our identity and create one optimistic
community. In every class it is evident that children share each other’s beliefs, cultures, habits, customs,
circumstances, and multilingualism.
The position is based on the Dutch collective labour agreement (CAO PO) for primary education, Scale
L10. Scaling will take place depending on relevant background and experience. The L10 scale is from 1-
15 starting at gross EUR 2678 EUR 4113,- per month based on a full time position . There is relocation
support in finding accommodation.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV, a cover letter detailing your motivation for
this position and details of two professional references
In case you have any questions regarding this vacancy you can contact Cheryl Embleton, HR &
Business Manager by email: email@example.com
Applications via our website: www.optimist-international-school.nl